Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fifteen

To all the women in the world. I'm amazed how much time you spend doing your makeup and your hair. Today I must have spent a half an hour doing my makeup to decide what I should wear for a wedding. I didn't even do my hair. And I can't imagine how that wouldn't just suck up all your time. To think if I did that every morning, how early I would have to wake up. Instead it can take me twenty minutes. I get dressed and eat breakfast and I leave. Twenty minutes. If an hour was tacked onto that I would not be getting so much sleep. And I get barely enough sleep as it is. I've decided it is a timesuck.

Because I don't spend that time in the morning, not to mention reapplication and removal, I'm less girly. I rarely wear makeup. I rarely do my hair. I wear it in a ponytail every day. I don't see anyone else do the same. Unless it's a sweatpants day.

I started watching this show called Awake. It's like my story. The thing that I like about it is that it's actually a thing. Something someone actually wrote and developped. Except now my story is not so original. Maybe it wasn't original even before Awake. Now I must make up something different. Or actually come up with a plot line for mine. Or I could just go back to writing poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment